Some of your personal goals may include getting a better job, advancement within your career, stress reduction, rejuvenating your career, receiving a raise, promotion or starting your own business.
Along with executive coaching, personal health coaching may be indicated. Dr A works closely with Sharon Fecho, a health and wellness coach. Ms. Fecho can work with clients who want to lose weight, exercise more, reduce stress and sleep better. Fecho’s record of improving clients’ health is remarkable. I am one of Ms. Fecho’s clients. Through her coaching, I lost 30 pounds and obtained a higher level of energy in my career.
Dr A will explore, through scientific tools, important variables such as your functioning in your current job; relationships; environment; mind/body/spirit; and finances.
- Job: Are you satisfied with your job? Do you want to change jobs? Do you want to advance in your current job? Do you want to change careers? Do you want to start your own business?
- Relationships? What is your relationship with your supervisor or co-workers? Do you have a support system?
- Environment: Do you have “retreat” at your home? Do you have a sense of style in your clothing? Do you try to create beauty around yourself with art, music, or flowers?
- Spirit/Body/Mind: Do you have a sense of spirituality? Do you eat nutritiously and exercise? A referral to health coach Fecho will be transformative!
- Finances: Do you save money? Do you give to charity? Do you have six months of living expenses? Do you have a current financial statement?
In concert with Dr A, you will design goals. A specific action-based plan will be developed. The goals will be, measurable, realistic, and obtainable.
Executive coaching involves the science of positive psychology. It involves the use of scientific measurement tools. One of the well accepted tests is the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI). There are 16 personality types. Knowing your personality type and how it promotes or interferes with your goals are critical. Are you an extravert or an introvert? Do you sense or are you intuitive? Are you a thinker or feeler? Do you like things settled or do you options to be kept open (Judging or Perceiving)? Other assessment tools may include: Creatix; EQ Learning in Action; Global executive leadership; FIRO-B; StrengthFinder 2.0; and 360 CLQ.
Questionnaires help: What are you goals? Who can help you achieve these goals? How do people view me? What are my strengths? What are my areas that need to be developed? What are my values? Am I happy, positive, and optimistic? Do I manage time well? Am I engaged in the community? Do I feel strong emotionally?
Dr. A has a referral network of highly competent attorneys, accountants, investment advisers, therapists, and physicians for appropriate referrals. Connectivity to the best professionals is a must to achieve one’s optimal level.